Winemakers since 1653, our family estate is located in Janvry, one of the first villages of the Montagne de Reims. We operate a little over 6 hectares spread over 8 villages. This beautiful diversity allows us to develop great champagnes but for that, it must first good grapes. That is why we stop the use of weed killers for many years and prefer natural grassing in our vines. We are coming to organic viticulture and natural herbal preparations to stimulate the natural defenses of the vines and always increase the quality of our champagnes. Our cellar, rebuilt in the 50s following a collapse can now accommodate 200,000 bottles. We have, however, kept a traditional vaulted cellar which today serves as a vinotheque where our oldest vintages are growing, some since 1969! We look forward to welcoming you and sharing a Champagne moment together!
We will start by visiting our cellars to discover the elaboration of champagne and then we will go back to the tasting room to taste our classics:
- L'Essentiel, our flagship cuvée composed of three varieties of champagne
- Rose de noir, a rosé champagne made from sucker and pinot noir
- Terroir 1er cru old vines, produced on the soil of Vrigny on sandy soils from millers aged 38 years on average
Champagne & CheesesPublic
We will start by visiting the cellars to discover the development of champagne.
Then you will taste:
- The essential with a beaufort of summer
- Terroir 1er cru old vines with a honey goat
- Sublime Chardonnay with a savarin brill
- Vintage 2009 with a young county
The perfect matchPublic
Champagne is not just for an aperitif.
With perfect agreement we will start with a visit to the vineyards. To make a good champagne, you first need good grapes.
Then we will go down in the freshness of the cellars to know the vinification of the grapes, then the transformation into champagne.
Finally, we will see the impact of the different glasses on the tasting and will taste 5 Champagnes with cheeses but also with:
- The essential with a foie gras
- Sublime Chardonnay with a buttered Saint Jacques walnut
- Terroir with a gazpacho of red beets
- Vintage 2009 with a flambéed gambas with cognac
- Rose of black with a tiramisu with pink biscuits